Welcome to George’s world. George Fowler is a compulsive hoarder and over the year that she spent photographing him Corinna Kern came to “understand the human nature that lies behind his unusual condition." Looking at these pictures, you can tell that there’s a closeness between the young woman behind the camera and the old man in front of it.
Dressed in his pinstripe suit lounging on his bed, or nonchalantly smoking a cigarette adopting a pose reminiscent of someone seated outside a French cafe, George is incongruous with his surroundings; poised and elegant amongst seeming disorder and decay. Corinna captures the complexity of his situation with respect and a touch of humour, documenting the nuances and particularities of this life. Corinna was selected by LensCulture as one of their 50 Emerging Talents of 2014 and I’m excited to see more of the stories that this photojournalist has to tell.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations