Here are some statements about Dan Cassaro’s work: Dan Cassaro is an excellent hand-letterer. Dan Cassaro makes awesome illustrations. Dan Cassaro knocks up posters based on Bruce Springsteen lyrics that look freakin’ sweet. Dan Cassaro’s work makes me want to up sticks and move to America for good. Dan Cassaro hasn’t improved at all since we last featured his work.
Of course that last one’s a load of nonsense. Dan’s managed to move his practice on leaps and bounds since last we checked in, increasingly bringing 3D elements into play on the front cover of The New York Times Magazine and searing his type into large pieces of timber for Field and Stream. Of course he’s still maintaining that good old-fashioned powerful retro type sensibility that we know and love him for but this fresh experimentation is real nice.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan