November? Get outta here you crazy mo-fo, nobody’s ready for you yet. We were just getting into autumn and now you and your wintry ways are upon us. Ok fine, make yourself comfortable then but only because us It’s Nice That types have some jolly exciting end-of-year fun up our sleeves.
First up you may know by now that the secret new print project I’ve been cryptically alluding to for a few months is actually our first ever It’s Nice That Annual. With more than 150 pieces of the most exciting and engaging work we’ve featured on the site this year, we are totes stoked (sorry) about its arrival in a few short weeks.
You can pre-order one of the limited-edition 1,500 via our shop page. with free postage and packaging until November 30. Huzzah!
And a double huzzah for In Progress which is back with a bang at The Barbican on Friday December 7. Once again we’ll be looking back at the projects and ideas which shaped 2012 and forward to see how they might define 2013 and beyond. With Oliver Wainwright, Keichii Matsuda and Rupert Goodwins already confirmed and some top-notch names set to be announced next week it’s sure to be a insightful day. You can find out more about the event here.
Elsewhere the good ship Studio Audience, our weekly podcast, sails on from strength to strength, with its line-up of INT figures discussing work from the site and news from the creative industries. For a while we’ve been troubling the Design picks on iTunes so why not climb aboard?
And we’ve very much enjoyed the first month of our Opinion pieces which have seen us pontificate on topics from street art to the must-see culture to art schools. It’s been a real delight hearing your views via the comment threads and we’re looking forward to more debates going forward.
And that’s pretty much us. Strap yourselves in for a frenetic few weeks and we’ll catch you on the flipside. Bon voyage!
- Damien Maloney talks about how he became a "self-taught hobbyist photographer"
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos