Hot on the heels of this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, we’ve teamed up with MINI to bring you another night of inspirational talks around the theme of their recent NOT NORMAL campaign – and as a massive thank you to our readers for supporting our events – we’re making this one free to attend!
We will be heading to the newly launched BL-NK space in east London to bring you a night of insightful talks by four creatives with extraordinary and unique working processes.
Speakers include artist Kate MccGwire, whose unsettling yet stunning sculptures question the nature and concept of beauty, and experimental animator David Wilson, whose unique approach to the moving image has captured the imagination of everyone from Adam Buxton to Metronomy. Also speaking is photographer Jane Stockdale who will be discussing how her recent Masters studies in International Relations at Cambridge University has influenced her prolific practice in unexpected ways, and 3D scanning experts ScanLAB Projects will talk us through their incredible projects scanning everything from the arctic ice, to the Science Museum. ScanLAB Projects will also be customising a real life MINI especially for the night!
So join us for a night of fascinating talks and insights around unusual creative processes.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August