Hot on the heels of this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, we’ve teamed up with MINI to bring you another night of inspirational talks around the theme of their recent NOT NORMAL campaign – and as a massive thank you to our readers for supporting our events – we’re making this one free to attend!
We will be heading to the newly launched BL-NK space in east London to bring you a night of insightful talks by four creatives with extraordinary and unique working processes.
Speakers include artist Kate MccGwire, whose unsettling yet stunning sculptures question the nature and concept of beauty, and experimental animator David Wilson, whose unique approach to the moving image has captured the imagination of everyone from Adam Buxton to Metronomy. Also speaking is photographer Jane Stockdale who will be discussing how her recent Masters studies in International Relations at Cambridge University has influenced her prolific practice in unexpected ways, and 3D scanning experts ScanLAB Projects will talk us through their incredible projects scanning everything from the arctic ice, to the Science Museum. ScanLAB Projects will also be customising a real life MINI especially for the night!
So join us for a night of fascinating talks and insights around unusual creative processes.
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design