Hot on the heels of this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, we’ve teamed up with MINI to bring you another night of inspirational talks around the theme of their recent NOT NORMAL campaign – and as a massive thank you to our readers for supporting our events – we’re making this one free to attend!
We will be heading to the newly launched BL-NK space in east London to bring you a night of insightful talks by four creatives with extraordinary and unique working processes.
Speakers include artist Kate MccGwire, whose unsettling yet stunning sculptures question the nature and concept of beauty, and experimental animator David Wilson, whose unique approach to the moving image has captured the imagination of everyone from Adam Buxton to Metronomy. Also speaking is photographer Jane Stockdale who will be discussing how her recent Masters studies in International Relations at Cambridge University has influenced her prolific practice in unexpected ways, and 3D scanning experts ScanLAB Projects will talk us through their incredible projects scanning everything from the arctic ice, to the Science Museum. ScanLAB Projects will also be customising a real life MINI especially for the night!
So join us for a night of fascinating talks and insights around unusual creative processes.
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Biel defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs