Hot on the heels of this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, we’ve teamed up with MINI to bring you another night of inspirational talks around the theme of their recent NOT NORMAL campaign – and as a massive thank you to our readers for supporting our events – we’re making this one free to attend!
We will be heading to the newly launched BL-NK space in east London to bring you a night of insightful talks by four creatives with extraordinary and unique working processes.
Speakers include artist Kate MccGwire, whose unsettling yet stunning sculptures question the nature and concept of beauty, and experimental animator David Wilson, whose unique approach to the moving image has captured the imagination of everyone from Adam Buxton to Metronomy. Also speaking is photographer Jane Stockdale who will be discussing how her recent Masters studies in International Relations at Cambridge University has influenced her prolific practice in unexpected ways, and 3D scanning experts ScanLAB Projects will talk us through their incredible projects scanning everything from the arctic ice, to the Science Museum. ScanLAB Projects will also be customising a real life MINI especially for the night!
So join us for a night of fascinating talks and insights around unusual creative processes.
- TFI the weekend! Here's the Best of the Web, as deemed by It's Nice That
- “Legs eleven, droopy drawers, dirty knees”: A clock that uses bingo calls instead of numbers
- Great new work for The New York Times and Bloomberg Businessweek from Oscar Bolton Green
- Dots, blocks and fades layered up in multifaceted exhibition identity for The Hague’s Royal Academy
- Patty Carroll’s bizarre photos hide women in chaotic, hand-built scenes
- Dougal Wilson’s Morris Dancing-heavy first music video in six years
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Japanese artist Tatsuro Kiuchi is back with more beautifully finished illustrations