Anyone familiar with Ewen Spencer’s photography knows he has an unparalleled knack for capturing youth culture at its most honest. Over the past 20 years, Ewen’s work has gained recognition from some of the most prestigious of institutions and continues to make comment on subcultures, fashion and music.
Guapamente Issue 1, focuses on Ewen’s mid-Summer tripe to Naples, Italy where he’s captured the tactility and passion of Italian youth. It’s truly fascinating as Ewen shows us the ease and confidence these teenagers display in each other’s company. The contrasting tones between tanned limbs and brightly coloured clothes and heavy make-up are almost gaudy, but in a way that reflects the familiarly intense, hormone-fuelled teenage days we’d sometimes like to forget but will always reminisce about.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang