Anyone familiar with Ewen Spencer’s photography knows he has an unparalleled knack for capturing youth culture at its most honest. Over the past 20 years, Ewen’s work has gained recognition from some of the most prestigious of institutions and continues to make comment on subcultures, fashion and music.
Guapamente Issue 1, focuses on Ewen’s mid-Summer tripe to Naples, Italy where he’s captured the tactility and passion of Italian youth. It’s truly fascinating as Ewen shows us the ease and confidence these teenagers display in each other’s company. The contrasting tones between tanned limbs and brightly coloured clothes and heavy make-up are almost gaudy, but in a way that reflects the familiarly intense, hormone-fuelled teenage days we’d sometimes like to forget but will always reminisce about.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection