Anyone familiar with Ewen Spencer’s photography knows he has an unparalleled knack for capturing youth culture at its most honest. Over the past 20 years, Ewen’s work has gained recognition from some of the most prestigious of institutions and continues to make comment on subcultures, fashion and music.
Guapamente Issue 1, focuses on Ewen’s mid-Summer tripe to Naples, Italy where he’s captured the tactility and passion of Italian youth. It’s truly fascinating as Ewen shows us the ease and confidence these teenagers display in each other’s company. The contrasting tones between tanned limbs and brightly coloured clothes and heavy make-up are almost gaudy, but in a way that reflects the familiarly intense, hormone-fuelled teenage days we’d sometimes like to forget but will always reminisce about.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations