Anyone familiar with Ewen Spencer’s photography knows he has an unparalleled knack for capturing youth culture at its most honest. Over the past 20 years, Ewen’s work has gained recognition from some of the most prestigious of institutions and continues to make comment on subcultures, fashion and music.
Guapamente Issue 1, focuses on Ewen’s mid-Summer tripe to Naples, Italy where he’s captured the tactility and passion of Italian youth. It’s truly fascinating as Ewen shows us the ease and confidence these teenagers display in each other’s company. The contrasting tones between tanned limbs and brightly coloured clothes and heavy make-up are almost gaudy, but in a way that reflects the familiarly intense, hormone-fuelled teenage days we’d sometimes like to forget but will always reminisce about.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant