Digital art aficionados will be descending on Spitalfields Market in London next week for a celebration of terrific technology-driven creativity. Following a successful launch in New York earlier this summer, the Experience Intel tour hits these shores and they are working with top amazing digital practitioners to show off their talents using the brand’s wares.
Matt Pyke of the ever-excellent Universal Everything is launching an experimental piece Gliders, whereby visitors’ can submit drawings, see them sublimated into a digital pair of wings and then control the flight and interaction of their creations on the walls of the installation. As with a lot of things Matt does, the piece looks at how technology can bring people together via real-time connections.
The Office of Creative Research will be presenting a set of custom data visualisations around the evolution of the computer down the decades and Hide & Seek will be debuting a new game specially created for the Intel Ultrabook.There will also be presentations and competitions before the tour heads off to Beijing, Sao Paulo, Moscow and Tokyo among others. We can’t ruddy wait!
Experience Intel. Look Inside takes place at Spitalfields Market from July 12-14.
This article was produced in collaboration with Intel.
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity