Pentagram designer Alex Brown has curated a non-profit exhibition of prints exploring the theme of dissident movements, with design studios Experimental Jetset, Build, Neubau, Catalogue and many more showing work.
A personal project for Alex, Bring the war home will feature 25 unique posters to accompany individual overviews of dissident groups featured in a limited-edition book featuring essays by Noam Chomsky and Simon Critchley.
Having designed the book, Alex has also created all promotional materials for the project including exhibition graphics, a poster and a Bring the war home bag. His monochromatic scheme and minimalist layouts highlight the broad spectrum of creative philosophies covered in the book and exhibition by allowing the diverse range of print designs to stand alone, uncompromised by the project’s clean branding.
All proceeds from the book and show are being donated to Shelter.
Bring the war home will be on show at KK Outlet, London N1, 11-29 February 2016
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books