In the second of our video interviews from this year’s What Design Can Do conference in Amsterdam, we spoke to incredible food designer Marije Vogelzang. She has carved out a real niche creating not only weird and wonderful foodstuffs but also amazing dining experiences. After her talk (which you can see below) she hosted a Ponti party at the venue, whereby she barbecued and handed out her delicious synthetic meat substitute which she not only invented, but for which she has also created a whole backstory and mythology about the imaginary beast from which the delicious treats came.
You can see the interview we recorded with Twitter design lead Mike Kruzeniski here.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant