It makes sense for a trend forecasting event to include some trend forecasters among its eclectic line-up, and it makes even more sense to get some of the most sought-after around. FranklinTill have their fingers firmly on the creative pulse, with a portfolio full-to-bursting with innovative and interesting design-led work for a range of clients and regular columns for Computer Arts and Viewpoint pinpointing the themes and ideas which are shaping the world around us.
Kate Franklin and Caroline Till joined forces in 2010 having previously worked together at the highly-respected Future Laboratory. Kate held the position of creative director and has 15 years experience working within the design and lifestyle trends industry and has worked on strategy for some of the world’s leading brands including Louis Vuitton, Samsung and Selfridges. A trained designer and an alumnus of the RCA, alongside her trend and insight consultancy, Caroline is also a course director of the renowned MA Textile Futures course at Central Saint Martins.
At In Progress they will explore how the cultural shift from ownership to experience has opened up a world of immersive, multi-sensory-design-led projects. And crucially they will also look at how this might develop over coming months as more and more brands come to realise that there’s a new set of rules now in play.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again