It makes sense for a trend forecasting event to include some trend forecasters among its eclectic line-up, and it makes even more sense to get some of the most sought-after around. FranklinTill have their fingers firmly on the creative pulse, with a portfolio full-to-bursting with innovative and interesting design-led work for a range of clients and regular columns for Computer Arts and Viewpoint pinpointing the themes and ideas which are shaping the world around us.
Kate Franklin and Caroline Till joined forces in 2010 having previously worked together at the highly-respected Future Laboratory. Kate held the position of creative director and has 15 years experience working within the design and lifestyle trends industry and has worked on strategy for some of the world’s leading brands including Louis Vuitton, Samsung and Selfridges. A trained designer and an alumnus of the RCA, alongside her trend and insight consultancy, Caroline is also a course director of the renowned MA Textile Futures course at Central Saint Martins.
At In Progress they will explore how the cultural shift from ownership to experience has opened up a world of immersive, multi-sensory-design-led projects. And crucially they will also look at how this might develop over coming months as more and more brands come to realise that there’s a new set of rules now in play.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality