It makes sense for a trend forecasting event to include some trend forecasters among its eclectic line-up, and it makes even more sense to get some of the most sought-after around. FranklinTill have their fingers firmly on the creative pulse, with a portfolio full-to-bursting with innovative and interesting design-led work for a range of clients and regular columns for Computer Arts and Viewpoint pinpointing the themes and ideas which are shaping the world around us.
Kate Franklin and Caroline Till joined forces in 2010 having previously worked together at the highly-respected Future Laboratory. Kate held the position of creative director and has 15 years experience working within the design and lifestyle trends industry and has worked on strategy for some of the world’s leading brands including Louis Vuitton, Samsung and Selfridges. A trained designer and an alumnus of the RCA, alongside her trend and insight consultancy, Caroline is also a course director of the renowned MA Textile Futures course at Central Saint Martins.
At In Progress they will explore how the cultural shift from ownership to experience has opened up a world of immersive, multi-sensory-design-led projects. And crucially they will also look at how this might develop over coming months as more and more brands come to realise that there’s a new set of rules now in play.
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michael
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)