It makes sense for a trend forecasting event to include some trend forecasters among its eclectic line-up, and it makes even more sense to get some of the most sought-after around. FranklinTill have their fingers firmly on the creative pulse, with a portfolio full-to-bursting with innovative and interesting design-led work for a range of clients and regular columns for Computer Arts and Viewpoint pinpointing the themes and ideas which are shaping the world around us.
Kate Franklin and Caroline Till joined forces in 2010 having previously worked together at the highly-respected Future Laboratory. Kate held the position of creative director and has 15 years experience working within the design and lifestyle trends industry and has worked on strategy for some of the world’s leading brands including Louis Vuitton, Samsung and Selfridges. A trained designer and an alumnus of the RCA, alongside her trend and insight consultancy, Caroline is also a course director of the renowned MA Textile Futures course at Central Saint Martins.
At In Progress they will explore how the cultural shift from ownership to experience has opened up a world of immersive, multi-sensory-design-led projects. And crucially they will also look at how this might develop over coming months as more and more brands come to realise that there’s a new set of rules now in play.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art inspo
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs