It makes sense for a trend forecasting event to include some trend forecasters among its eclectic line-up, and it makes even more sense to get some of the most sought-after around. FranklinTill have their fingers firmly on the creative pulse, with a portfolio full-to-bursting with innovative and interesting design-led work for a range of clients and regular columns for Computer Arts and Viewpoint pinpointing the themes and ideas which are shaping the world around us.
Kate Franklin and Caroline Till joined forces in 2010 having previously worked together at the highly-respected Future Laboratory. Kate held the position of creative director and has 15 years experience working within the design and lifestyle trends industry and has worked on strategy for some of the world’s leading brands including Louis Vuitton, Samsung and Selfridges. A trained designer and an alumnus of the RCA, alongside her trend and insight consultancy, Caroline is also a course director of the renowned MA Textile Futures course at Central Saint Martins.
At In Progress they will explore how the cultural shift from ownership to experience has opened up a world of immersive, multi-sensory-design-led projects. And crucially they will also look at how this might develop over coming months as more and more brands come to realise that there’s a new set of rules now in play.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant