Ever since we featured Anish Kapoor and Brighten the Corners’ annual report for lighting giant Zumtobel, we’ve been on the hunt for more vivid, engaging presentations of hard-line factual and statistical data in a yearly round-up – and by god I think we’ve found one thanks to scandinavian studio Grandpeople.
For their Kulturårbok 2012, an annual report for the department of culture at the municipality of Bergen, Grandpeople produced a series of fluid, engaging abstract illustrations that add a dimension of intrigue to an otherwise dry and complex document. The inclusion of these elements encourages the viewer to persist in their reading rather than consigning the report to the pile of ‘consult later’ items – which for those phobic of statistics (we count ourselves among them) is definitely a relief.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations