Funny how one massive monkey became one of the most iconic stars of the silver screen, but that’s life. To celebrate his 80th birthday, what better gift could there be than to create a series of limited edition hand printed posters for his die-hard fans? To celebrate this primate’s special day, cinema print-merchants Dark City Gallery has teamed up with La Boca to create a series of prints that reflect what the film really is, and that’s a powerful love story.
“We’ve designed a set of two film posters to celebrate the 80th birthday of King Kong.” Say La Boca, “For this special occasion we wanted to focus on what is essentially a classic story of forbidden love, rather than the misunderstood ferociousness often attributed to our hero. We believe it’s what’s inside that counts.” Form an orderly queue, film lovers!
This post was produced in association with Dark City Gallery
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk on social media to follow
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery