Funny how one massive monkey became one of the most iconic stars of the silver screen, but that’s life. To celebrate his 80th birthday, what better gift could there be than to create a series of limited edition hand printed posters for his die-hard fans? To celebrate this primate’s special day, cinema print-merchants Dark City Gallery has teamed up with La Boca to create a series of prints that reflect what the film really is, and that’s a powerful love story.
“We’ve designed a set of two film posters to celebrate the 80th birthday of King Kong.” Say La Boca, “For this special occasion we wanted to focus on what is essentially a classic story of forbidden love, rather than the misunderstood ferociousness often attributed to our hero. We believe it’s what’s inside that counts.” Form an orderly queue, film lovers!
This post was produced in association with Dark City Gallery
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli