Funny how one massive monkey became one of the most iconic stars of the silver screen, but that’s life. To celebrate his 80th birthday, what better gift could there be than to create a series of limited edition hand printed posters for his die-hard fans? To celebrate this primate’s special day, cinema print-merchants Dark City Gallery has teamed up with La Boca to create a series of prints that reflect what the film really is, and that’s a powerful love story.
“We’ve designed a set of two film posters to celebrate the 80th birthday of King Kong.” Say La Boca, “For this special occasion we wanted to focus on what is essentially a classic story of forbidden love, rather than the misunderstood ferociousness often attributed to our hero. We believe it’s what’s inside that counts.” Form an orderly queue, film lovers!
This post was produced in association with Dark City Gallery
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations