Nope these guys aren’t Canadian, they are the Spanish collective founded in 2008 by directors Luis Cerveró, Nicolás Méndez and Lope Serrano with the intention of producing their own work under the umbrella label CANADA. The three directors work alongside producers Oscar Romagosa and Alba Barneda to create commercials for big clients such as Adidas and Sony.
Amongst their portfolio is an impressive array of music videos for the likes of Justice, Battles and The Vaccines. With the aim to make films “beautiful, sexy and fun,” you can’t deny they have done just that. We also wrote about their captivating short film last year, which is definitely worth a watch.
It’s Nice That are very excited to have CANADA’s Luis and Oscar at Here 2013 – their talk’s titled"’Treasure Island!" Luis and Oscar will explain how they strive to achieve the perfect work-play balance, and reveal who and what they look to for inspiration. They’ll also talk about their constant quest for untapped treasure to help fuel new projects.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There really are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 /2013 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality