Nope these guys aren’t Canadian, they are the Spanish collective founded in 2008 by directors Luis Cerveró, Nicolás Méndez and Lope Serrano with the intention of producing their own work under the umbrella label CANADA. The three directors work alongside producers Oscar Romagosa and Alba Barneda to create commercials for big clients such as Adidas and Sony.
Amongst their portfolio is an impressive array of music videos for the likes of Justice, Battles and The Vaccines. With the aim to make films “beautiful, sexy and fun,” you can’t deny they have done just that. We also wrote about their captivating short film last year, which is definitely worth a watch.
It’s Nice That are very excited to have CANADA’s Luis and Oscar at Here 2013 – their talk’s titled"’Treasure Island!" Luis and Oscar will explain how they strive to achieve the perfect work-play balance, and reveal who and what they look to for inspiration. They’ll also talk about their constant quest for untapped treasure to help fuel new projects.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There really are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 /2013 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich