Nope these guys aren’t Canadian, they are the Spanish collective founded in 2008 by directors Luis Cerveró, Nicolás Méndez and Lope Serrano with the intention of producing their own work under the umbrella label CANADA. The three directors work alongside producers Oscar Romagosa and Alba Barneda to create commercials for big clients such as Adidas and Sony.
Amongst their portfolio is an impressive array of music videos for the likes of Justice, Battles and The Vaccines. With the aim to make films “beautiful, sexy and fun,” you can’t deny they have done just that. We also wrote about their captivating short film last year, which is definitely worth a watch.
It’s Nice That are very excited to have CANADA’s Luis and Oscar at Here 2013 – their talk’s titled"’Treasure Island!" Luis and Oscar will explain how they strive to achieve the perfect work-play balance, and reveal who and what they look to for inspiration. They’ll also talk about their constant quest for untapped treasure to help fuel new projects.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There really are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 /2013 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"