Nope these guys aren’t Canadian, they are the Spanish collective founded in 2008 by directors Luis Cerveró, Nicolás Méndez and Lope Serrano with the intention of producing their own work under the umbrella label CANADA. The three directors work alongside producers Oscar Romagosa and Alba Barneda to create commercials for big clients such as Adidas and Sony.
Amongst their portfolio is an impressive array of music videos for the likes of Justice, Battles and The Vaccines. With the aim to make films “beautiful, sexy and fun,” you can’t deny they have done just that. We also wrote about their captivating short film last year, which is definitely worth a watch.
It’s Nice That are very excited to have CANADA’s Luis and Oscar at Here 2013 – their talk’s titled"’Treasure Island!" Luis and Oscar will explain how they strive to achieve the perfect work-play balance, and reveal who and what they look to for inspiration. They’ll also talk about their constant quest for untapped treasure to help fuel new projects.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There really are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 /2013 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August