At our creative symposium Here this summer, we were delighted to welcome Oscar Romagosa and Nicolás Méndez from Barcelona-based directorial collective CANADA. The duo gave us a run-down of some of their music videos for the likes of Justice and The Vaccines, before giving us on a meticulous insight into their creative process. Using their latest video for the Phoenix single Trying To be Cool the pair took the audience on the journey from initial phone calls with the band and early doodles right through to the rip-roaring finished product (which you can also see below).
You can see more of the Here 2013 talks over on our dedicated audiovisual channel First Broadcast.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design