At our creative symposium Here this summer, we were delighted to welcome Oscar Romagosa and Nicolás Méndez from Barcelona-based directorial collective CANADA. The duo gave us a run-down of some of their music videos for the likes of Justice and The Vaccines, before giving us on a meticulous insight into their creative process. Using their latest video for the Phoenix single Trying To be Cool the pair took the audience on the journey from initial phone calls with the band and early doodles right through to the rip-roaring finished product (which you can also see below).
You can see more of the Here 2013 talks over on our dedicated audiovisual channel First Broadcast.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label