Sarah Illenberger’s award-winning work spans a multitude of practices, from illustration and art direction to set design and photography. Her simple use of materials paired with complex ideas and an eye for detail has led to the creation of a wonderfully fresh body of work, which in turn has attracted a number of high-profile clients.
Born in Munich, Sarah studied at Central Saint Martin’s before returning to Germany to set up her Berlin-based studio where she creates concepts for editorial as well commercial clients including Vogue, Creative Review and Wallpaper*. Not wanting to be pigeonholed into any one genre, she embraces a wide range of techniques and processes from lovingly handcrafted to computer generated design.
Sarah will be sharing insight into her creative process at Here 2013, revealing the method behind her meticulously handmade pieces, including show-stopping window displays and beautifully-rendered still life photographs.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are just over 100 tickets left so make sure you don’t miss out!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email email@example.com for the discount code.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs