Sarah Illenberger’s award-winning work spans a multitude of practices, from illustration and art direction to set design and photography. Her simple use of materials paired with complex ideas and an eye for detail has led to the creation of a wonderfully fresh body of work, which in turn has attracted a number of high-profile clients.
Born in Munich, Sarah studied at Central Saint Martin’s before returning to Germany to set up her Berlin-based studio where she creates concepts for editorial as well commercial clients including Vogue, Creative Review and Wallpaper*. Not wanting to be pigeonholed into any one genre, she embraces a wide range of techniques and processes from lovingly handcrafted to computer generated design.
Sarah will be sharing insight into her creative process at Here 2013, revealing the method behind her meticulously handmade pieces, including show-stopping window displays and beautifully-rendered still life photographs.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are just over 100 tickets left so make sure you don’t miss out!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting