Sarah Illenberger’s award-winning work spans a multitude of practices, from illustration and art direction to set design and photography. Her simple use of materials paired with complex ideas and an eye for detail has led to the creation of a wonderfully fresh body of work, which in turn has attracted a number of high-profile clients.
Born in Munich, Sarah studied at Central Saint Martin’s before returning to Germany to set up her Berlin-based studio where she creates concepts for editorial as well commercial clients including Vogue, Creative Review and Wallpaper*. Not wanting to be pigeonholed into any one genre, she embraces a wide range of techniques and processes from lovingly handcrafted to computer generated design.
Sarah will be sharing insight into her creative process at Here 2013, revealing the method behind her meticulously handmade pieces, including show-stopping window displays and beautifully-rendered still life photographs.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are just over 100 tickets left so make sure you don’t miss out!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email email@example.com for the discount code.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”