How would you expect Lynx Africa’s 18th birthday to play out? Pre-lash round your mate’s parent’s house then out into town on the bus wearing your best Ben Sherman shirt only to get I.D’d and be sick on to your beige loafers outside KFC? Sounds pretty perfect to me. No, Lynx have opted for a more civilised birthday bash this year to celebrate their 18th year and have enlisted some of the UK’s top artistic talent to help them.
Here we have 18 Lynx Africa-inspired submissions from the likes of Kyle Platts, Daniel David Freeman, Sam Taylor and Jim’ll Paint It among many more. What do all these lads have in common? They all draw in a style so tinged with crude humour that you know for pretty much certain that their cock drawings are absolutely first rate. Fantastic campaign, happy birthday smell-givers!
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again