How would you expect Lynx Africa’s 18th birthday to play out? Pre-lash round your mate’s parent’s house then out into town on the bus wearing your best Ben Sherman shirt only to get I.D’d and be sick on to your beige loafers outside KFC? Sounds pretty perfect to me. No, Lynx have opted for a more civilised birthday bash this year to celebrate their 18th year and have enlisted some of the UK’s top artistic talent to help them.
Here we have 18 Lynx Africa-inspired submissions from the likes of Kyle Platts, Daniel David Freeman, Sam Taylor and Jim’ll Paint It among many more. What do all these lads have in common? They all draw in a style so tinged with crude humour that you know for pretty much certain that their cock drawings are absolutely first rate. Fantastic campaign, happy birthday smell-givers!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”