We’re really excited to announce the full programme for In Progress, our one-day creative conference this December. We’ve curated an eclectic line up set to inspire, celebrate and offer insights into a range of disciplines – showcasing groundbreaking projects from 2012 and forecasting who and what are going to lead the way in 2013.
We’re adding to the mix Ben Southworth, deputy CEO of Tech City Investment Organisation (TCIO) who’ll be exploring the ways in which the investment organisation fosters and promotes innovation and entrepreneurial culture, as well as sharing his predictions for the growth and development of east London’s buzzing start-up scene in the next year. Nicolas Roope, founder of POKE London and creative director of Hulger will be examining how people share ideas across both physical and digital platforms, while Ben Terrett and Sarah Richards will discuss the fascinating process of working on GOV.UK this year, and the multi-disciplinary teams collaborating on the design and content.
To close the day, Artangel’s Michael Morris and architect David Kohn will be in conversation with It’s Nice That, exploring ideas on curation and one of 2012’s most talked about projects, A Room for London, which has seen a whole host of creatives – artists, architects, performers, writers and thinkers – collaborating across the year.
We’ll be posting profiles on each of our speakers over the coming week, and you can find the full line up and get your tickets here: Inprogress2012.eventbrite.com
In Progress is a day-long event taking place on Friday 7 December at the Barbican. A light lunch, refreshments and post conference drinks are included in the ticket price, as well as some goodies from the lovely folk at KeepCups.
We’re proud to have In Progress supported by Lowdi, the portable wireless speaker.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant