We’re really excited to announce the full programme for In Progress, our one-day creative conference this December. We’ve curated an eclectic line up set to inspire, celebrate and offer insights into a range of disciplines – showcasing groundbreaking projects from 2012 and forecasting who and what are going to lead the way in 2013.
We’re adding to the mix Ben Southworth, deputy CEO of Tech City Investment Organisation (TCIO) who’ll be exploring the ways in which the investment organisation fosters and promotes innovation and entrepreneurial culture, as well as sharing his predictions for the growth and development of east London’s buzzing start-up scene in the next year. Nicolas Roope, founder of POKE London and creative director of Hulger will be examining how people share ideas across both physical and digital platforms, while Ben Terrett and Sarah Richards will discuss the fascinating process of working on GOV.UK this year, and the multi-disciplinary teams collaborating on the design and content.
To close the day, Artangel’s Michael Morris and architect David Kohn will be in conversation with It’s Nice That, exploring ideas on curation and one of 2012’s most talked about projects, A Room for London, which has seen a whole host of creatives – artists, architects, performers, writers and thinkers – collaborating across the year.
We’ll be posting profiles on each of our speakers over the coming week, and you can find the full line up and get your tickets here: Inprogress2012.eventbrite.com
In Progress is a day-long event taking place on Friday 7 December at the Barbican. A light lunch, refreshments and post conference drinks are included in the ticket price, as well as some goodies from the lovely folk at KeepCups.
We’re proud to have In Progress supported by Lowdi, the portable wireless speaker.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich