If you can believe it, It’s Nice That’s spring issue – a contemplation on the impossibly huge theme of ‘space’ – is even bigger and better than our last. It’s available to pre-order now, and the benefits of doing so are simple – you get your copy before anybody else, delivered straight to your door; you’ll receive our biggest, most beautiful print ever (it’s a corker, trust us); and you get it all wrapped in an extra special, not-for-newsstands cover. What more could you ask for? More details you say? Sure, after the jump…
It’s Nice That No.8 is crammed full of content, and features some of the most fascinating creative masterminds on the planet.
Minimalist architect John Pawson talks about the non-perfect; Paula Scher talks women and education in design; Slavs and Tatars emphasise the importance of information sharing; and quietly hilarious art double act John Wood and Paul Harrison talk… well, art and comedy.
This issue is also packed-to-bursting with some very special features. Tung Walsh reveals the secret exoticism of the Barbican conservatory; Bompas and Parr take us on a journey through London, via smell; and Michael Landy reveals an Olympic plan that could, and perhaps should, have been. There’s more too, but you’ll have to wait until we release further details in the next few weeks.
To get your mitts on It’s Nice That No.8 before everyone else, as well as the most intense and beautiful free print we’ve ever produced, click the link below.
- Four illustrators have their works drawn by Joto at Here 2017
- David Lewandowski’s floppy rubber bodies take over the streets of Japan
- Ella Bucknall tackles the “boy’s club” of political cartooning in her new zine, Whip
- Anna Haifisch bends the rules of comics in new floppy and oversized book, Drifter
- Illustrator Jill Senft creates fun and whimsy with her cavalcade of pink characters
- White Flag project that is tackling global division and the “growing fear of the stranger”
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos