Jade Schulz’s project Video Vixen Drop Cap is an ongoing series which sees the illustrator creating a typeface using video vixens as her inspiration. A video vixen is typically a female model who appears in hip-hop music videos as straight-up eye candy – they ooze sex appeal yet remain unattainable to us normal folk.
Here, Korean-born US-based Jade puts these vixens centre stage and uses impressive butts and cascading hair to contort her characters into the various shapes of the alphabet. Currently on letter N, it’s a fun, personal project that allows Jade to play with proportions in between her regular editorial work.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label