Jade Schulz’s project Video Vixen Drop Cap is an ongoing series which sees the illustrator creating a typeface using video vixens as her inspiration. A video vixen is typically a female model who appears in hip-hop music videos as straight-up eye candy – they ooze sex appeal yet remain unattainable to us normal folk.
Here, Korean-born US-based Jade puts these vixens centre stage and uses impressive butts and cascading hair to contort her characters into the various shapes of the alphabet. Currently on letter N, it’s a fun, personal project that allows Jade to play with proportions in between her regular editorial work.
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Artist Kirsty Harris revisits the CND protests from a personal perspective
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100