Jade Schulz’s project Video Vixen Drop Cap is an ongoing series which sees the illustrator creating a typeface using video vixens as her inspiration. A video vixen is typically a female model who appears in hip-hop music videos as straight-up eye candy – they ooze sex appeal yet remain unattainable to us normal folk.
Here, Korean-born US-based Jade puts these vixens centre stage and uses impressive butts and cascading hair to contort her characters into the various shapes of the alphabet. Currently on letter N, it’s a fun, personal project that allows Jade to play with proportions in between her regular editorial work.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant