Remember our old mate Joe Kessler? ‘Course you do. He was one of our Graduates way back in 2010 and a prodigious cartooning talent. Since we last met Joe’s been embroiled in the creation of a new anthology of comics, a 44-page screen printed beast that he’s named Windowpane. Within its glossy pages are no fewer than seven brand new and original stories rendered in Joe’s distinctive style – fluid organic shapes interspersed with complex multi-point perspective.
If you’re a fan of surreal, darkly-comic narratives then we can’t recommend this enough.The stories range from the tangential and humiliating realisations of a wet dream to disembodied voices narrating a cinematic panning across frames, all of which are consistently engaging.
If you’d like to peruse this new publication in the flesh then Joe’s got a show on at Protein’s Hewett Street gallery from November 22. We’ll definitely be heading down, and for more than just the free beers.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant