Remember our old mate Joe Kessler? ‘Course you do. He was one of our Graduates way back in 2010 and a prodigious cartooning talent. Since we last met Joe’s been embroiled in the creation of a new anthology of comics, a 44-page screen printed beast that he’s named Windowpane. Within its glossy pages are no fewer than seven brand new and original stories rendered in Joe’s distinctive style – fluid organic shapes interspersed with complex multi-point perspective.
If you’re a fan of surreal, darkly-comic narratives then we can’t recommend this enough.The stories range from the tangential and humiliating realisations of a wet dream to disembodied voices narrating a cinematic panning across frames, all of which are consistently engaging.
If you’d like to peruse this new publication in the flesh then Joe’s got a show on at Protein’s Hewett Street gallery from November 22. We’ll definitely be heading down, and for more than just the free beers.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"