It doesn’t matter how creative you might be – every now and again the sheer monotony of the daily slog can drag you into a little grey pit of dullness and boredom. You can’t help it, it’s just how it goes. Peaks and troughs, right?
“Right!” I hear you cry! And troughs are rubbish! So to help ease your fatigue and give you a boost of innovation, over the coming weeks we’ll be publishing the brilliant talks which took place at Here 2013 earlier on this summer, on the It’s Nice That audio-visual channel First Broadcast.
Here 2013 saw us gather together some of most exciting and engaging talents around for a festival of creativity, to share their insights and inspirations with an audience of more than 600 delegates. Graphic artist and art director Kate Moross was just one of those cage-rattling speakers; her rousing talk focused on her own take on “DIY Punk Ethos,” and the sheer simplicity which the digital age has opened up for creatives. In short, if you don’t know how to do something, go on YouTube and find out, because there are no limits to what you can do or be. I can think of no better way to blow away those cobwebs.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books