Type maestro Jon Contino knows exactly where he wants to go and isn’t at all afraid of putting the hours in to get there. He’s the kind of boy your mum wished you would hang out with, in the hope that his admirable work ethic would rub off on to you. Claiming that “as many hours as I can stay awake, is as many that I’ll work” he is not scared of immersing himself in his craft and even with long days of drawing under his belt, he still manages to keep his standards A+.
Watching Contino draw effortlessly in this neat film by Kevin Steen, you can see why he’s the go-to man for hand rendered typography. With an ever growing list of clients and ventures, his grab-everything-possible-as-inspiration mindset is working excellently for him and keeping his work memorable.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant