If you’re young, talented and design-obsessed then the place for you is the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Holland’s famous Amsterdam. Seriously, we see so many incredible creatives passing through their doors it’s hard to keep track. In the last four months we’ve featured three Rietveld graduates, Koen Hauser, Jonas Wandeler and Killian Loddo, and we’re about to show you one more.
Louisa Gagliardi is a graphic designer par excellence with strong illustrative skills to boot. Welcome Home is a visual introduction to the ECAL experience (she went there too) that utilises both capabilities to striking effect. Vector illustrations of college hardware sit within considered grids and crisp layouts exploring the history of the Swiss art school and its notable alumni. The whole publication is (we think very tastefully) printed on Financial Times style salmon pink newsprint and looks damn fine. Expect to see more of Louisa in the future, she’s got a bright career ahead of her.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”