If you’re young, talented and design-obsessed then the place for you is the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Holland’s famous Amsterdam. Seriously, we see so many incredible creatives passing through their doors it’s hard to keep track. In the last four months we’ve featured three Rietveld graduates, Koen Hauser, Jonas Wandeler and Killian Loddo, and we’re about to show you one more.
Louisa Gagliardi is a graphic designer par excellence with strong illustrative skills to boot. Welcome Home is a visual introduction to the ECAL experience (she went there too) that utilises both capabilities to striking effect. Vector illustrations of college hardware sit within considered grids and crisp layouts exploring the history of the Swiss art school and its notable alumni. The whole publication is (we think very tastefully) printed on Financial Times style salmon pink newsprint and looks damn fine. Expect to see more of Louisa in the future, she’s got a bright career ahead of her.
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs