If you’re young, talented and design-obsessed then the place for you is the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Holland’s famous Amsterdam. Seriously, we see so many incredible creatives passing through their doors it’s hard to keep track. In the last four months we’ve featured three Rietveld graduates, Koen Hauser, Jonas Wandeler and Killian Loddo, and we’re about to show you one more.
Louisa Gagliardi is a graphic designer par excellence with strong illustrative skills to boot. Welcome Home is a visual introduction to the ECAL experience (she went there too) that utilises both capabilities to striking effect. Vector illustrations of college hardware sit within considered grids and crisp layouts exploring the history of the Swiss art school and its notable alumni. The whole publication is (we think very tastefully) printed on Financial Times style salmon pink newsprint and looks damn fine. Expect to see more of Louisa in the future, she’s got a bright career ahead of her.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"