The bird man returns! We don’t know how Luke Stephenson does it, but he has a certain knack for getting birds to sit still and pose for his lens. I’ve always suspected these photos of birds smiling was the project that actually launched coloured backgrounds into the colossal, two year trend that has skyrocketed the popularity of still-life photographers and increased worldwide fruit sales by three per cent (this may be made-up).
In his latest venture, Luke has been asked to create the lookbook for the fashion design duo, Agi & Sam. Their much talked about new line for Topman that draws inspirations from owls in association with football is a fantastically inventive collection, made all the better by Luke’s shoot. He even took a few sneaky pics of the designers themselves in true, vintage football sticker style.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery