The bird man returns! We don’t know how Luke Stephenson does it, but he has a certain knack for getting birds to sit still and pose for his lens. I’ve always suspected these photos of birds smiling was the project that actually launched coloured backgrounds into the colossal, two year trend that has skyrocketed the popularity of still-life photographers and increased worldwide fruit sales by three per cent (this may be made-up).
In his latest venture, Luke has been asked to create the lookbook for the fashion design duo, Agi & Sam. Their much talked about new line for Topman that draws inspirations from owls in association with football is a fantastically inventive collection, made all the better by Luke’s shoot. He even took a few sneaky pics of the designers themselves in true, vintage football sticker style.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”