Before you laugh, this isn’t just some stupid internet-friendly cats Photoshopped on to rice, it’s much more than that. Neko-Sushi is “an extremely unusual life-form” the website tells us, “although several references have come down to us through history from various researchers and witnesses, their existence is still shrouded in mystery and actual sightings remain rare.”
The oddly sincere tone that creators Tange & Nakimushi Peanuts have taken when describing the cats is at once unnerving and hilarious. For once someone has actually created a meme with a creative backstory rather than just aesthetically-funny-Twitter-fodder to pander to our scrolling tendencies. Rice to meet you sushi kitties!
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)