Upon seeing that this furniture is the brainchild of photographer Fien Muller and artist Hannes Van Severen you are instantly reminded that when mega-creatives combine their skills, the results can be unexpected and marvellous. Maybe it’s the way these ludicrously elegant resting-devices are shot (in dusty studios on chilly mornings) or perhaps it’s because it puts our own furniture to shame, but there’s definitely something super special about these.
For me though, the best bit are the making-of shots that you can see here – there is something instensely satisfying in seeing something so neat come out of a really quite messy environment.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan