Upon seeing that this furniture is the brainchild of photographer Fien Muller and artist Hannes Van Severen you are instantly reminded that when mega-creatives combine their skills, the results can be unexpected and marvellous. Maybe it’s the way these ludicrously elegant resting-devices are shot (in dusty studios on chilly mornings) or perhaps it’s because it puts our own furniture to shame, but there’s definitely something super special about these.
For me though, the best bit are the making-of shots that you can see here – there is something instensely satisfying in seeing something so neat come out of a really quite messy environment.
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- June Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Atelier Dyakova designs previously unpublished tome, The Photographer’s Cookbook
- Is mindfulness the key to keeping creativity flowing?
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"