Upon seeing that this furniture is the brainchild of photographer Fien Muller and artist Hannes Van Severen you are instantly reminded that when mega-creatives combine their skills, the results can be unexpected and marvellous. Maybe it’s the way these ludicrously elegant resting-devices are shot (in dusty studios on chilly mornings) or perhaps it’s because it puts our own furniture to shame, but there’s definitely something super special about these.
For me though, the best bit are the making-of shots that you can see here – there is something instensely satisfying in seeing something so neat come out of a really quite messy environment.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s