Upon seeing that this furniture is the brainchild of photographer Fien Muller and artist Hannes Van Severen you are instantly reminded that when mega-creatives combine their skills, the results can be unexpected and marvellous. Maybe it’s the way these ludicrously elegant resting-devices are shot (in dusty studios on chilly mornings) or perhaps it’s because it puts our own furniture to shame, but there’s definitely something super special about these.
For me though, the best bit are the making-of shots that you can see here – there is something instensely satisfying in seeing something so neat come out of a really quite messy environment.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant