For the final Nicer Tuesdays of the year we’re returning to Downstairs at Mother London for a very special evening of talks celebrating what we feel are some of the creative highlights of 2013.
Joining us is French illustrator Jean Jullien who will talk about his show Allo? which playfully captured our ever-dependent relationship with technology, and artist Alex Chinneck whose jaw-dropping project from the knees of my nose to the belly of my toes attracted international attention from the media and art world alike by making the front of a Margate house appear to slide into the street!
Also speaking is founder and editor of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson, whose innovative approach to publishing has provided a platform for new talent whilst also pushing forward the debate over unpaid workers in creative industries, and Irish designer Amy West who will tell us about her hoax design project Grafik BS which turned a satirical eye on the proliferation of trend-driven graphic design in 2013.
As Christmas is just around the corner, there will also be an It’s Nice That pop-up shop with a range of products to provide some last minute presents (for others, or you know, yourself).
As always with Nicer Tuesdays, the drinks are on us so come on down and round off the year in style!
Nicer Tuesdays is taking place on Tuesday 17th December – get your tickets here.
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant