For the final Nicer Tuesdays of the year we’re returning to Downstairs at Mother London for a very special evening of talks celebrating what we feel are some of the creative highlights of 2013.
Joining us is French illustrator Jean Jullien who will talk about his show Allo? which playfully captured our ever-dependent relationship with technology, and artist Alex Chinneck whose jaw-dropping project from the knees of my nose to the belly of my toes attracted international attention from the media and art world alike by making the front of a Margate house appear to slide into the street!
Also speaking is founder and editor of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson, whose innovative approach to publishing has provided a platform for new talent whilst also pushing forward the debate over unpaid workers in creative industries, and Irish designer Amy West who will tell us about her hoax design project Grafik BS which turned a satirical eye on the proliferation of trend-driven graphic design in 2013.
As Christmas is just around the corner, there will also be an It’s Nice That pop-up shop with a range of products to provide some last minute presents (for others, or you know, yourself).
As always with Nicer Tuesdays, the drinks are on us so come on down and round off the year in style!
Nicer Tuesdays is taking place on Tuesday 17th December – get your tickets here.
- “Legs eleven, droopy drawers, dirty knees”: A clock that uses bingo calls instead of numbers
- Great new work for The New York Times and Bloomberg Businessweek from Oscar Bolton Green
- Dots, blocks and fades layered up in multifaceted exhibition identity for The Hague’s Royal Academy
- Patty Carroll's bizarre photos hide women in chaotic, hand-built scenes
- Dougal Wilson's Morris Dancing-heavy first music video in six years
- A lifestyle magazine for realists, Oikos breaks the mould
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Japanese artist Tatsuro Kiuchi is back with more beautifully finished illustrations