For the final Nicer Tuesdays of the year we’re returning to Downstairs at Mother London for a very special evening of talks celebrating what we feel are some of the creative highlights of 2013.
Joining us is French illustrator Jean Jullien who will talk about his show Allo? which playfully captured our ever-dependent relationship with technology, and artist Alex Chinneck whose jaw-dropping project from the knees of my nose to the belly of my toes attracted international attention from the media and art world alike by making the front of a Margate house appear to slide into the street!
Also speaking is founder and editor of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson, whose innovative approach to publishing has provided a platform for new talent whilst also pushing forward the debate over unpaid workers in creative industries, and Irish designer Amy West who will tell us about her hoax design project Grafik BS which turned a satirical eye on the proliferation of trend-driven graphic design in 2013.
As Christmas is just around the corner, there will also be an It’s Nice That pop-up shop with a range of products to provide some last minute presents (for others, or you know, yourself).
As always with Nicer Tuesdays, the drinks are on us so come on down and round off the year in style!
Nicer Tuesdays is taking place on Tuesday 17th December – get your tickets here.
- “My personal work informs everything that comes after it" and other bits we learned at September's Nicer Tuesdays
- Xiang Guan’s Symbiotic Objects require a human component
- Alex Fergusson on the provocative and powerful nature of surface graphics
- Bendik Kaltenborn talks us through his retrospective book, collating ten years worth of work
- Meet music-obsessed graphic designer François Boulo
- César Pelizer’s 2D and 3D experiments are full of humour and imagination
- Vicky Grout takes us on a photographic trip through east London using Kodak's Ektra smartphone
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Timo Kuilder combines clean-cut linework with limited colours in his editorial work
- David Luraschi’s strikingly simple new campaign for fashion brand Jacquemus
- How 13 designers responded to a one-word brief: water
- Nicolas Ménard creates short animation for online mortgage broker Habito