For the final Nicer Tuesdays of the year we’re returning to Downstairs at Mother London for a very special evening of talks celebrating what we feel are some of the creative highlights of 2013.
Joining us is French illustrator Jean Jullien who will talk about his show Allo? which playfully captured our ever-dependent relationship with technology, and artist Alex Chinneck whose jaw-dropping project from the knees of my nose to the belly of my toes attracted international attention from the media and art world alike by making the front of a Margate house appear to slide into the street!
Also speaking is founder and editor of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson, whose innovative approach to publishing has provided a platform for new talent whilst also pushing forward the debate over unpaid workers in creative industries, and Irish designer Amy West who will tell us about her hoax design project Grafik BS which turned a satirical eye on the proliferation of trend-driven graphic design in 2013.
As Christmas is just around the corner, there will also be an It’s Nice That pop-up shop with a range of products to provide some last minute presents (for others, or you know, yourself).
As always with Nicer Tuesdays, the drinks are on us so come on down and round off the year in style!
Nicer Tuesdays is taking place on Tuesday 17th December – get your tickets here.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors