Nicer Tuesdays is back and this month we’ve invited four speakers who have been instrumental in keeping the world of printed magazines a dynamic and exciting place. With our sponsors Park Communications we are excited to return to Downstairs at Mother London for an evening of insights, inspiration and a few beers!
This month we’ll be joined by Vice UK’s managing editor Bruno Bayley to tell us how their irreverent monthly print offering has evolved over 21 years, and Wired magazine’s art director Andrew Diprose will offer insights to his role defining the visuals for the world’s leading science, culture and technology magazine. Also joining us will be founder and editor-in-chief of Riposte Danielle Pender to discuss the challenges of new ventures in print, and editor of The Independent Magazine Will Dean to talk about the cyclical editorial process that goes into a weekly news publication.
As ever the beers will be on us so come and joint us for a tip-top night of creative inspiration! You can see Dan Wilton’s talk from last month’s event below!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100