Nicer Tuesdays is back and this month we’ve invited four speakers who have been instrumental in keeping the world of printed magazines a dynamic and exciting place. With our sponsors Park Communications we are excited to return to Downstairs at Mother London for an evening of insights, inspiration and a few beers!
This month we’ll be joined by Vice UK’s managing editor Bruno Bayley to tell us how their irreverent monthly print offering has evolved over 21 years, and Wired magazine’s art director Andrew Diprose will offer insights to his role defining the visuals for the world’s leading science, culture and technology magazine. Also joining us will be founder and editor-in-chief of Riposte Danielle Pender to discuss the challenges of new ventures in print, and editor of The Independent Magazine Will Dean to talk about the cyclical editorial process that goes into a weekly news publication.
As ever the beers will be on us so come and joint us for a tip-top night of creative inspiration! You can see Dan Wilton’s talk from last month’s event below!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality