Since Jason Schwartzman/John Baldessari’s head introduced us to the multitudinous exhibited delights now happening across California, we thought we’d take a closer look at Pacific Standard Time’s events and shows calendar. We’ll be picking out a top recommendation each day for those lucky enough to be vaguely west coast and first up is Crosscurrents in L.A. Painting and Sculpture. A research based collection from the the Getty Centre offering “a fundamental reappraisal and reinterpretation of postwar Los Angeles art” and featuring over 50 artists…
It’s a show that encompasses both era and the individual, artists like Ed Ruscha and Vija Clemins have works representing their own extraordinary and broad contribution to the art world within the historical movement of the L.A. art scene.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations