Since Jason Schwartzman/John Baldessari’s head introduced us to the multitudinous exhibited delights now happening across California, we thought we’d take a closer look at Pacific Standard Time’s events and shows calendar. We’ll be picking out a top recommendation each day for those lucky enough to be vaguely west coast and first up is Crosscurrents in L.A. Painting and Sculpture. A research based collection from the the Getty Centre offering “a fundamental reappraisal and reinterpretation of postwar Los Angeles art” and featuring over 50 artists…
It’s a show that encompasses both era and the individual, artists like Ed Ruscha and Vija Clemins have works representing their own extraordinary and broad contribution to the art world within the historical movement of the L.A. art scene.
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys