Since Jason Schwartzman/John Baldessari’s head introduced us to the multitudinous exhibited delights now happening across California, we thought we’d take a closer look at Pacific Standard Time’s events and shows calendar. We’ll be picking out a top recommendation each day for those lucky enough to be vaguely west coast and first up is Crosscurrents in L.A. Painting and Sculpture. A research based collection from the the Getty Centre offering “a fundamental reappraisal and reinterpretation of postwar Los Angeles art” and featuring over 50 artists…
It’s a show that encompasses both era and the individual, artists like Ed Ruscha and Vija Clemins have works representing their own extraordinary and broad contribution to the art world within the historical movement of the L.A. art scene.
- Damien Maloney talks about how he became a "self-taught hobbyist photographer"
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos