Now that summer’s done and dusted you probably need something to look forward that’s not Christmas. While we can’t offer you a beach break in the Antibes or a North American road trip, we do have the next best thing; the Autumn issue of Printed Pages! Actually, you don’t need to put a date in the diary either because it’s arrived this very minute and you can buy it in shops RIGHT NOW. We’re pretty excited about this little guy, not just because of the delicious cover stock and exemplary choice of spot colours within, but because of the brilliant people we got to work with and speak to while we were putting it together.
The new issue features interviews with legendary graphic designer Seymour Chwast on his years of experience and lesser-known Belgian illustrator Jan Van Der Veken, looking at the unstoppable rise of his career over the past decade. We tracked down a whole host of Brazilian creatives to find out what makes it such an exciting place for designers, musicians and advertisers alike and pinned down the elusive Katharina Grosse to talk about her unconventional painting practice.
TASCHEN’s sexy books editor Dian Hanson bared all in an in-depth interview about her life in porno publishing, Brecht Vandenbroucke produced an original set of hilarious comics and we watched some seriously dubious films to find out what Hollywood makes of the creative industries.
Artist Michael Crowe tries to punch Robin Thicke in the face in the name of being nice, photographer Giles Duley waxes lyrical on the subject of his alarm clock, an object he contends is the ugliest thing he loves, and Justine Bell comes to terms with the reality of fulfilling a design fantasy.
The price is still a mere £4, meaning you can own three months of our blood, sweat and tears (of joy) for the same price as a pint of tepid, gassy lager. We know which one we’d choose.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores today.
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant