To mark the release of their latest Mixed Tape, Mercedes commissioned LA-based painter Sage Vaughn to create an exclusive artwork and went off to interview him at home about the piece. So far so good, but the video takes an unexpected turn when we are introduced to Sage’s grandma who gives us some insights into the artist’s work and inspirations. It’s a charming twist on the making-of type video with which we’re familiar and well worth a few minutes. More granny-based arts videos please creative types!
This post was produced in collaboration with Mercedes.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August