This series of monochromatic illustrations have been created by Colombia-born and Germany-based Stefhany Lozano for Bogota-based design studio and publisher La Silueta’s 2016 calendar.
Eschewing naff calendars of puppies and the Hollyoaks babes, the company asked Stefhany and fellow illustrator Tim Romanowsky to create images that were all about love for 2016. The curves and simplicity remind me distantly of Christoph Delorenzo’s work, but there’s an oddness and texture to Stefhany’s work that take it in a different and welcome direction. Her characters with blocky heads and close features are all captured at side profile, adding to the quirkiness. It makes their gestures both loving and awkward adding a sweetness to the tender hand-holding and long embraces.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s