Smoothies. Just the word alone sounds fun doesn’t it? But they do have an air of healthy superiority to them sometimes. I love how they dress themselves up as something mildly nutritious when really they’re just a jacked-up milkshake with green bits thrown in for extra super food points.
Luckily for us photography agency Stills and Strokes have decided to capture smoothies at their most garish and loud in this project for SLEEK Magazine by teaming up with porcelain and glassware brand, Rosenthal. Clashing colours, prints, textures and glassware all collide together to make something so in-your-face it’s actually quite beautiful. These images are the definition of jazzy and I love the contrast between the natural and synthetic created here by using hard light, it’s a great play on our usual expectations of how we view the smoothie trend.
Stills and Strokes creativity doesn’t stop with this series though with their other projects being as equally bold and exciting so take a look if your senses need a bit of a waking up.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"