Smoothies. Just the word alone sounds fun doesn’t it? But they do have an air of healthy superiority to them sometimes. I love how they dress themselves up as something mildly nutritious when really they’re just a jacked-up milkshake with green bits thrown in for extra super food points.
Luckily for us photography agency Stills and Strokes have decided to capture smoothies at their most garish and loud in this project for SLEEK Magazine by teaming up with porcelain and glassware brand, Rosenthal. Clashing colours, prints, textures and glassware all collide together to make something so in-your-face it’s actually quite beautiful. These images are the definition of jazzy and I love the contrast between the natural and synthetic created here by using hard light, it’s a great play on our usual expectations of how we view the smoothie trend.
Stills and Strokes creativity doesn’t stop with this series though with their other projects being as equally bold and exciting so take a look if your senses need a bit of a waking up.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations