Another week, another slightly delayed podcast. We think it’s worth the wait (as we would) and we promise to tighten up and do better from now on in providing your aural art and design treats on a Thursday again. But cast aside your judgements for a second and enjoy a slightly elongated pod in which we learn a little, laugh a lot and live life to the full (ok not the last one). As ever you can listen on the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off this week talking about the ELCAF comics festival and its guest star Chris Ware before looking ahead to the just-announced Bjork retrospective at New York’s MOMA next year. We then reflected on our Here creative symposium held last week and ended up exploring the return of Danger Mouse.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)