Greetings podlings! Great pod this week, lots of swearing and use of the word “aping.” There’s also obligatory shaming James as an ex-goth and arguing about whether sending flowers into space is an act of genius or clever PR stunt. Anyway, off you go, get involved. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up we discussed David Lynch’s recent foray into a women’s sportswear range, and pondered which director we’d like to do a clothing label next. We then got on to talking about the new and rather controversial Airbnb logo, the changes in the Creative Review annual and the artist who’s been spending the last few weeks flinging Bonsai trees and bouquets of flowers into space.& Also, as its our big old Graduates bonanza this evening we discussed our personal favourites of this year’s crop. See you next week!
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Denis Kuchta’s subtly pixellated identity for Lithuanian arts fair
- Salvador Dalí’s illustrations of aphrodisiacs and more in a reprint of his exotic 1970s cookbook
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations