Greetings podlings! Great pod this week, lots of swearing and use of the word “aping.” There’s also obligatory shaming James as an ex-goth and arguing about whether sending flowers into space is an act of genius or clever PR stunt. Anyway, off you go, get involved. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up we discussed David Lynch’s recent foray into a women’s sportswear range, and pondered which director we’d like to do a clothing label next. We then got on to talking about the new and rather controversial Airbnb logo, the changes in the Creative Review annual and the artist who’s been spending the last few weeks flinging Bonsai trees and bouquets of flowers into space.& Also, as its our big old Graduates bonanza this evening we discussed our personal favourites of this year’s crop. See you next week!
- "It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul": Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio