So here we go again with the beats, if by beats you mean 23 minutes of art and design discussion in a podcast format. You did? Great! Set yourself up for the weekend and treat both brain cells and ear drums simultaneously. WARNING: Contains some hardcore graphic design chat. Please proceed with caution.
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
First up this week we looked at Microsoft’s four billion pound take over of Nokia’s mobile phone division and pondered if this means they can now compete with Apple, we also talked about Julian Assange’s appointment onto the Raindance Film Festival jury and welcomed the new Volvo tricks ads (below).
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August