So here we go again with the beats, if by beats you mean 23 minutes of art and design discussion in a podcast format. You did? Great! Set yourself up for the weekend and treat both brain cells and ear drums simultaneously. WARNING: Contains some hardcore graphic design chat. Please proceed with caution.
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
First up this week we looked at Microsoft’s four billion pound take over of Nokia’s mobile phone division and pondered if this means they can now compete with Apple, we also talked about Julian Assange’s appointment onto the Raindance Film Festival jury and welcomed the new Volvo tricks ads (below).
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations