So here we go again with the beats, if by beats you mean 23 minutes of art and design discussion in a podcast format. You did? Great! Set yourself up for the weekend and treat both brain cells and ear drums simultaneously. WARNING: Contains some hardcore graphic design chat. Please proceed with caution.
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
First up this week we looked at Microsoft’s four billion pound take over of Nokia’s mobile phone division and pondered if this means they can now compete with Apple, we also talked about Julian Assange’s appointment onto the Raindance Film Festival jury and welcomed the new Volvo tricks ads (below).
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again