Much of the cultural world’s attention will be focussed on Edinburgh and its famous festival over the coming weeks but it’s no secret that Glasgow is really where cutting-edge creativity shines in Scotland. Now Talenthouse and O2 are offering young artists, illustrators, designers and graffiti artists a cool opportunity to create an original piece of work to take pride of place at the city’s O2 Academy, one of Glasgow’s most popular live music venues which is celebrating the tenth anniversary of its relaunch this year.
As well as seeing their work on display in the iconic venue – where some 150,000 music fans flock every year – the winners will also receive £1,000 cash and a pair of gig tickets. A People’s Choice Award will see another creative scoop £500. The judging panel includes Alex Kapranos, the lead singer of Franz Ferdinand, who said: “Glasgow has always been a fertile place for art and music. I’m looking forward to seeing what comes through.”
To find out how to enter visit the Talenthouse site here but hurry as the contest closes next week.
This article was produced in association with Talenthouse.
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Clara von Zweigbergk talks us through her art direction for Danish brand Hay
- John Molesworth illustrates the hustle and bustle of Record Store Day 2017
- “The artistic process becomes a form of yoga”: artist Christopher Davison
- More vibrant, goblin-like characters from illustrator Alex Jenkins
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices