Representing the multiplicity of ideas and the people presenting them, TEDxSUMMIT have once again enlisted Amsterdam-based creative talents WE ARE Pi to illustrate the point perfectly (once again) with a human kaleidoscope.
Celebrating “’the power of x to multiply great ideas,” the team worked collaboratively with Körner Union, whose mirrored sets have formed the aesthetic base for a number of projects, and with Paris’ BIG Productions, creating an 18 metre-high mirrored prism over a moving floor. The result, an infinite ornamental arabesque pattern, is a feat of engineering and choreography with no computer manipulation and, as the WE ARE Pi creative partner Barney Hobson adds: “No smoke, just mirrors.”
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Production Type and Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round