Representing the multiplicity of ideas and the people presenting them, TEDxSUMMIT have once again enlisted Amsterdam-based creative talents WE ARE Pi to illustrate the point perfectly (once again) with a human kaleidoscope.
Celebrating “’the power of x to multiply great ideas,” the team worked collaboratively with Körner Union, whose mirrored sets have formed the aesthetic base for a number of projects, and with Paris’ BIG Productions, creating an 18 metre-high mirrored prism over a moving floor. The result, an infinite ornamental arabesque pattern, is a feat of engineering and choreography with no computer manipulation and, as the WE ARE Pi creative partner Barney Hobson adds: “No smoke, just mirrors.”
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan