Representing the multiplicity of ideas and the people presenting them, TEDxSUMMIT have once again enlisted Amsterdam-based creative talents WE ARE Pi to illustrate the point perfectly (once again) with a human kaleidoscope.
Celebrating “’the power of x to multiply great ideas,” the team worked collaboratively with Körner Union, whose mirrored sets have formed the aesthetic base for a number of projects, and with Paris’ BIG Productions, creating an 18 metre-high mirrored prism over a moving floor. The result, an infinite ornamental arabesque pattern, is a feat of engineering and choreography with no computer manipulation and, as the WE ARE Pi creative partner Barney Hobson adds: “No smoke, just mirrors.”
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale