Representing the multiplicity of ideas and the people presenting them, TEDxSUMMIT have once again enlisted Amsterdam-based creative talents WE ARE Pi to illustrate the point perfectly (once again) with a human kaleidoscope.
Celebrating “’the power of x to multiply great ideas,” the team worked collaboratively with Körner Union, whose mirrored sets have formed the aesthetic base for a number of projects, and with Paris’ BIG Productions, creating an 18 metre-high mirrored prism over a moving floor. The result, an infinite ornamental arabesque pattern, is a feat of engineering and choreography with no computer manipulation and, as the WE ARE Pi creative partner Barney Hobson adds: “No smoke, just mirrors.”
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)