Stop the inkjet! Halt the squeegees! Tell the cafeteria workers to hold off on the floppy cheese and mayo sandwiches, it’s time to put down your collective art materials and enter your prized work to be part of The It’s Nice That Graduates 2014.
We’re looking for 15 of the best creative students in universities across the UK whose work displays clever thinking, passion and excellent craftsmanship. In the past few years the It’s Nice That Graduates have gone on to fulfil their wildest dreams (within reason) and we want the same for you.
The chosen 15 graduates will have their work featured on the site and will be invited to a fun networking event to hob-nob with some creative people who may or may not help you get a job and start earning the big bucks.
So, if you’re just about to finish your BA in an art and design-related course, or you know someone very talented who is, just follow the guidelines below and enter your work for us to see. No time to lose! Once again, The Graduates will be supported by the fantastic Represent Recruitment.
What we’ll need
1. Your full name
2. Your university’s name
3. Your full course’s name
4. Your email address and phone number
5. A link to your website where we can see your work. If you don’t have a website then an attached PDF of your work will be fine too.
All applications must go to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is midnight on Sunday 15 June 2014.
We are very pleased that The It’s Nice That Graduates 2014 will once again be supported by Represent Recruitment. The graphic design recruitment specialists have developed a peerless reputation working with designers of all levels and matching them up with the right positions in some of the top agencies around. Represent’s support has helped us grow the Graduate scheme over recent years and we are thrilled they have partnered with us again in 2014.
This year’s Graduates artwork is by Callum Green
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality