Find a marker pen in your hand and, as I’m sure many will agree, it’s hard not to draw two goggly eyes, a nose and a grinning mouth on the first object within reach. So when we excitedly posted a picture of one of the little characters Jiro Bevis has illustrated for the It’s Nice That Annual 2013 on Instagram the other day, and were delighted when Clara Bahlsen had commented on it with her own project, You Say Potato I Say F*ck You.
The idea is very simple; she’s made a blog which compiles all the little mascots she comes across on a daily basis, be it in supermarkets, on vans, adverts, packaging or signage. Clara has collated it all in one visual resource and opens it up to hundreds of others to send in their own photographs of similar characters from their own cities.
What’s amazing is the quantity. There are so many.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations