Award-winning choreographer and director, Wayne McGregor, and renowned creators of the Rain Room installation, Random International, have collaborated on a new immersive installation titled +/- Human, which will premiere on 9 August.
+/- Human will open at London’s Roundhouse for the Bloomberg Summer event series. According to the organisers, the new work “will see visitors surrounded by a mysterious flock of flying spheres, programmed using complex algorithms and motion sensors to react intelligently to their surroundings”. This will be a gathering of technology, bodies and electronic music – composed by Mark Pritchard – to explore how machinery interacts and move with humans.
As host to a variety of names, +/- Human will display exclusive dance performances devised by Wayne, alongside specially created sonic creations from Warp Records artists, such as Clark, Gaika, Mark and Lorenzo Senni.
Wayne previously collaborated with Random International when the Rain Room was at London’s Barbican in 2012, where he choreographed a performance for the installation set to music by Max Richter.
+/- Human opens 9 – 28 August. Tickets are available here.
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU