A busy week for the postman as always at our new HQ. We’ve got the usual blend of look books, posters, books and lovely envelopes for your pleasure. Plenty were worth our time this week – here’s a quick summary of the highlights.
Weather Chart by Clever Franke
Large scale posters can be a bit tiresome if all they are is a bit of eye-candy, but Clever Franke live up to their name and have a bit of a point to their pattern filled offering. In short it’s a weather chart, but the finish and attention to detail makes it as positive as the imminent turn from Winter to Spring.
Percival Autumn/Winter 2010/11 Lookbook
Having seen the video for Percival’s latest collection, I was intrigued to see how their sensibility translated into print. Nice, simple and straight to the point, the fold out poster does the job very effectively, and the clothes don’t look too shabby either.
Ronald Clyne at Folkways by Unit Editions
Another triumph from the heavyweight publishing house, Unit Editions. Headed by Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy, you won’t be surprised to hear that the research and depth of content is great, and it looks the part too. This issue is focussed on the work of Ronald Clyne, and in particular his back catalogue of album artwork – his discography if you will.
Medusa by Daniel Schludi
I’d been meaning to post this project for a little while, so imagine my happiness when it dropped on the doormat. A lovely photographic project by Daniel Schludi which take portraits based on how the subjects look at their own faces. Was that too cryptic for you? If so Daniel does a much better job at explaining on the link below. A great contraption and publication to boot.
Underscore No.1 by Hjgher
Lovely looking new publication from Singapore. It looks as though a lot of love has been invested in its conception and execution which can only be a good thing. I’m looking forward to sitting down with this over the weekend and giving it some attention of my own.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich