A busy week for the postman as always at our new HQ. We’ve got the usual blend of look books, posters, books and lovely envelopes for your pleasure. Plenty were worth our time this week – here’s a quick summary of the highlights.
Weather Chart by Clever Franke
Large scale posters can be a bit tiresome if all they are is a bit of eye-candy, but Clever Franke live up to their name and have a bit of a point to their pattern filled offering. In short it’s a weather chart, but the finish and attention to detail makes it as positive as the imminent turn from Winter to Spring.
Percival Autumn/Winter 2010/11 Lookbook
Having seen the video for Percival’s latest collection, I was intrigued to see how their sensibility translated into print. Nice, simple and straight to the point, the fold out poster does the job very effectively, and the clothes don’t look too shabby either.
Ronald Clyne at Folkways by Unit Editions
Another triumph from the heavyweight publishing house, Unit Editions. Headed by Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy, you won’t be surprised to hear that the research and depth of content is great, and it looks the part too. This issue is focussed on the work of Ronald Clyne, and in particular his back catalogue of album artwork – his discography if you will.
Medusa by Daniel Schludi
I’d been meaning to post this project for a little while, so imagine my happiness when it dropped on the doormat. A lovely photographic project by Daniel Schludi which take portraits based on how the subjects look at their own faces. Was that too cryptic for you? If so Daniel does a much better job at explaining on the link below. A great contraption and publication to boot.
Underscore No.1 by Hjgher
Lovely looking new publication from Singapore. It looks as though a lot of love has been invested in its conception and execution which can only be a good thing. I’m looking forward to sitting down with this over the weekend and giving it some attention of my own.
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- An insight into The Guardian's newly released brand guidelines
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Upcoming Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition pairs key works with his daughter’s designs
- The brilliant Mat Maitland is back with more luxuriously surreal collages
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography