London based studio Neighbour have recently finished working with Wilfrid Wood on the latest Levis project to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of their twisted jeans. ‘The Twisted Originals’ features three slightly twisted characters (Fingers, Hopper and Bernie) who will be used as the overall identity for the campaign running throughout 2009.
The characters will be supported by a long term platform that aims to function like a collaborative art project, involving and showcasing artists with a twisted mentality, and all the work can be seen on the dedicated blog www.thetwistedoriginals.com. A host of commissioned and curated content will be appearing on the site in the coming months.
The other good news is that there is a production run of the characters under way at the moment. These will be used primarily as point of sale in select retailers as well as limited edition pieces available later in the year.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain