London based studio Neighbour have recently finished working with Wilfrid Wood on the latest Levis project to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of their twisted jeans. ‘The Twisted Originals’ features three slightly twisted characters (Fingers, Hopper and Bernie) who will be used as the overall identity for the campaign running throughout 2009.
The characters will be supported by a long term platform that aims to function like a collaborative art project, involving and showcasing artists with a twisted mentality, and all the work can be seen on the dedicated blog www.thetwistedoriginals.com. A host of commissioned and curated content will be appearing on the site in the coming months.
The other good news is that there is a production run of the characters under way at the moment. These will be used primarily as point of sale in select retailers as well as limited edition pieces available later in the year.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August