London based studio Neighbour have recently finished working with Wilfrid Wood on the latest Levis project to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of their twisted jeans. ‘The Twisted Originals’ features three slightly twisted characters (Fingers, Hopper and Bernie) who will be used as the overall identity for the campaign running throughout 2009.
The characters will be supported by a long term platform that aims to function like a collaborative art project, involving and showcasing artists with a twisted mentality, and all the work can be seen on the dedicated blog www.thetwistedoriginals.com. A host of commissioned and curated content will be appearing on the site in the coming months.
The other good news is that there is a production run of the characters under way at the moment. These will be used primarily as point of sale in select retailers as well as limited edition pieces available later in the year.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language