Are you marooned in a snowy vista? Would you like help and/or hot food? The best I can do is inform you of some of the lucky few, winter hardy packages that made it to the studio by foot, hoof and veteran postman. Page Tsou, Sane and Able, Brighton Uni and St. Luke’s Primary, One Point Oh and Annalemma. Defrosting.
12 Beards of Christmas Sane and Able
For all those who misremember the 12 days of Christmas (la la la, five go-old riiings) here’s an alternative – a dozen beards. These packs of cards have that collect-them-all effect, lovely illustrations and ingenious taxonomy of thermal face attire.
Annalemma Chris Heavener, Editor
Annalemma issue 7: Endurance in which the publishing team ask the ether ‘what gives a person forward momentum when every sign around them says give up?’. Big question and one that is answered with relish by a winning team of writers and artists, new and established in a collection of stories, essays, art and photography. Joe Meno and Sam Brewster to highlight two highlights…
London / Shoreditch Page Tsou
Malcolm McDowell (28th January) Hunter S. Thompson (22nd April) and Friedrich Nietzsche (October 3rd). Birthdays? Deathdays? Nope, back of head days. As seen by Page Tsou in Shoreditch and falsely identified by myself. It’s an excellent calender for 2011, though the weekends are missing and Mondays get special mention with a nice red circle… The weekend is dead! Long live Monday!
When I Grow Up Brighton University and St Luke’s Primary School
Collaborating with those much younger and smaller with oneself can be difficult for a miriad of concentration, low obstruction hazard, tantrum related issues. But apparantly not for Brighton’s Art students and their local Primary School. They’ve made a book together full of dreams for the future and, to be honest, the ‘small ones’ excell at it. Lovely riso print and it’s for Children in Need. Double-good.
A Small Christmas Protest One Point Oh
Big protests on small placards for the liliputan scrooge in you. Whatever their purpose, I concur! ‘Baubles NOT Bombs’. Alternative Christmas sentiments are most welcome and come courtesy of One Point Oh studio, packaged and printed with a little thought that doesn’t go unnoticed. Snow Cuts, Snow Fees!
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?