Are you marooned in a snowy vista? Would you like help and/or hot food? The best I can do is inform you of some of the lucky few, winter hardy packages that made it to the studio by foot, hoof and veteran postman. Page Tsou, Sane and Able, Brighton Uni and St. Luke’s Primary, One Point Oh and Annalemma. Defrosting.
12 Beards of Christmas Sane and Able
For all those who misremember the 12 days of Christmas (la la la, five go-old riiings) here’s an alternative – a dozen beards. These packs of cards have that collect-them-all effect, lovely illustrations and ingenious taxonomy of thermal face attire.
Annalemma Chris Heavener, Editor
Annalemma issue 7: Endurance in which the publishing team ask the ether ‘what gives a person forward momentum when every sign around them says give up?’. Big question and one that is answered with relish by a winning team of writers and artists, new and established in a collection of stories, essays, art and photography. Joe Meno and Sam Brewster to highlight two highlights…
London / Shoreditch Page Tsou
Malcolm McDowell (28th January) Hunter S. Thompson (22nd April) and Friedrich Nietzsche (October 3rd). Birthdays? Deathdays? Nope, back of head days. As seen by Page Tsou in Shoreditch and falsely identified by myself. It’s an excellent calender for 2011, though the weekends are missing and Mondays get special mention with a nice red circle… The weekend is dead! Long live Monday!
When I Grow Up Brighton University and St Luke’s Primary School
Collaborating with those much younger and smaller with oneself can be difficult for a miriad of concentration, low obstruction hazard, tantrum related issues. But apparantly not for Brighton’s Art students and their local Primary School. They’ve made a book together full of dreams for the future and, to be honest, the ‘small ones’ excell at it. Lovely riso print and it’s for Children in Need. Double-good.
A Small Christmas Protest One Point Oh
Big protests on small placards for the liliputan scrooge in you. Whatever their purpose, I concur! ‘Baubles NOT Bombs’. Alternative Christmas sentiments are most welcome and come courtesy of One Point Oh studio, packaged and printed with a little thought that doesn’t go unnoticed. Snow Cuts, Snow Fees!
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again