As we mentioned earlier in the week it’s the British Academy Film Awards tonight and aside from the great films they’ll be recognising there’s some pretty notable illustration to boot. Adam Simpson was asked to interpret this year’s five Best Film nominees that make up the covers for the Film Awards brochures. The films up for the award tonight are Black Swan, Inception, The King’s Speech, The Social Network and True Grit.
Adam also interpreted the BAFTA mask for the ticket covers, coming up with a beautifully intricate concept that recognises the range of filmmaking skills that are rewarded on the night. The series of illustrations follow Tavis Coburn’s set of five illustrations for the 2010 awards and Noma Bar in 2009.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan