Diaries at the ready… We’ve curated a series of free talks in collaboration with GF Smith’s Beauty in the Making exhibition running from 23—27 April. Join us for four jam-packed evenings of entertaining 5 × 8 talks featuring a brilliant array of speakers (a creative power list, if you will), including Pentagram’s Angus Hyland, Wired’s Olivia Solon, Nous Vous collective, and photographer Jane Stockdale. And, did we mention all the talks are FREE!
It’s Nice That will be presenting a list of 20 creatives ranging from designers and illustrators to inventors, editors, curators and photographers. These quick-fire evening talks will be set in the curiously beautiful basement of Bloomsbury’s Victoria House.
Kicking off each evening at 6:30pm, five intriguing speakers will take to the stage to deliver some lightning-speed eight-minute talks on the subject of their choice in fun, jam-packed evenings dedicated to inspiration, enthusiasm, passion and the sharing of knowledge.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The event is FREE but you must register here.
Monday 23 April – SOLD OUT
Pentagram’s partner Angus Hyland, Simon Waterfall of Poke London, photographer Jane Stockdale, creative all-rounder Supermundane, and publishing platform NoBrow’s Sam Arthur.
Tuesday 24 April – SOLD OUT
Join legendary furniture designer Martino Gamper, illustrator Kate Moross, collective Nous Vous and The W Project.
Wednesday 25 April – SOLD OUT
Featuring, amongst others, Wired’s associate online editor Olivia Solon, NB Studio’s co-founder Nick Finney, illustrator and co-founder of This Is It collective Rose Blake, and gallerist Hannah Barry.
Friday 27 April – SOLD OUT
Dezeen’s Marcus Fairs, KK Outlet curator Danielle Pender, acclaimed illustrator Mr Bingo, space designers 815 Agency, and Barnie Page, one half of curatorial team Baz & Chaz.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per evening and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tomomi Maezawa designs airy identity for Fabrica and Daikin collaboration
- From building site to bustling creative destination – London's illustration gallery one year on
- Big, bold and beautiful: Isabelle Vaverka designs Unseen photography festival mag
- Three brothers on a summer adventure in Neil Bedford's new series for Kinfolk
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Mark Manzi's photography: part staged, part skill, part "pure luck"
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- Bookshelf: Jason Silva
- A look inside the brand guidelines for the amazing 1970s Nasa "worm" logo
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film