Diaries at the ready… We’ve curated a series of free talks in collaboration with GF Smith’s Beauty in the Making exhibition running from 23—27 April. Join us for four jam-packed evenings of entertaining 5 × 8 talks featuring a brilliant array of speakers (a creative power list, if you will), including Pentagram’s Angus Hyland, Wired’s Olivia Solon, Nous Vous collective, and photographer Jane Stockdale. And, did we mention all the talks are FREE!
It’s Nice That will be presenting a list of 20 creatives ranging from designers and illustrators to inventors, editors, curators and photographers. These quick-fire evening talks will be set in the curiously beautiful basement of Bloomsbury’s Victoria House.
Kicking off each evening at 6:30pm, five intriguing speakers will take to the stage to deliver some lightning-speed eight-minute talks on the subject of their choice in fun, jam-packed evenings dedicated to inspiration, enthusiasm, passion and the sharing of knowledge.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The event is FREE but you must register here.
Monday 23 April – SOLD OUT
Pentagram’s partner Angus Hyland, Simon Waterfall of Poke London, photographer Jane Stockdale, creative all-rounder Supermundane, and publishing platform NoBrow’s Sam Arthur.
Tuesday 24 April – SOLD OUT
Join legendary furniture designer Martino Gamper, illustrator Kate Moross, collective Nous Vous and The W Project.
Wednesday 25 April – SOLD OUT
Featuring, amongst others, Wired’s associate online editor Olivia Solon, NB Studio’s co-founder Nick Finney, illustrator and co-founder of This Is It collective Rose Blake, and gallerist Hannah Barry.
Friday 27 April – SOLD OUT
Dezeen’s Marcus Fairs, KK Outlet curator Danielle Pender, acclaimed illustrator Mr Bingo, space designers 815 Agency, and Barnie Page, one half of curatorial team Baz & Chaz.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per evening and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again