Diaries at the ready… We’ve curated a series of free talks in collaboration with GF Smith’s Beauty in the Making exhibition running from 23—27 April. Join us for four jam-packed evenings of entertaining 5 × 8 talks featuring a brilliant array of speakers (a creative power list, if you will), including Pentagram’s Angus Hyland, Wired’s Olivia Solon, Nous Vous collective, and photographer Jane Stockdale. And, did we mention all the talks are FREE!
It’s Nice That will be presenting a list of 20 creatives ranging from designers and illustrators to inventors, editors, curators and photographers. These quick-fire evening talks will be set in the curiously beautiful basement of Bloomsbury’s Victoria House.
Kicking off each evening at 6:30pm, five intriguing speakers will take to the stage to deliver some lightning-speed eight-minute talks on the subject of their choice in fun, jam-packed evenings dedicated to inspiration, enthusiasm, passion and the sharing of knowledge.
Part of GF Smith’s five-day exhibition celebrating artistry in all creative practices, the space will also play host to installations, workshops and live demonstrations exploring paper-making and craft, with input from Montotype and the British Council’s Architecture, Design and Fashion department. The event is FREE but you must register here.
Monday 23 April – SOLD OUT
Pentagram’s partner Angus Hyland, Simon Waterfall of Poke London, photographer Jane Stockdale, creative all-rounder Supermundane, and publishing platform NoBrow’s Sam Arthur.
Tuesday 24 April – SOLD OUT
Join legendary furniture designer Martino Gamper, illustrator Kate Moross, collective Nous Vous and The W Project.
Wednesday 25 April – SOLD OUT
Featuring, amongst others, Wired’s associate online editor Olivia Solon, NB Studio’s co-founder Nick Finney, illustrator and co-founder of This Is It collective Rose Blake, and gallerist Hannah Barry.
Friday 27 April – SOLD OUT
Dezeen’s Marcus Fairs, KK Outlet curator Danielle Pender, acclaimed illustrator Mr Bingo, space designers 815 Agency, and Barnie Page, one half of curatorial team Baz & Chaz.
Click links above to register for free tickets, which are allocated per evening and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Thomas Prior captures a Mexican festival involving exploding sledgehammers
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich