At its best, creative culture feeds itself with different disciplines influencing and inspiring each other to create urban hotspots greater than the sum of their parts. That’s precisely what Cutty Sark is celebrating at their inaugural Cutty Cargo event taking place next month, and the whisky brand is kicking off its global campaign right here in London with an evening of music, food, performance and art and design.
Jessie Ware and DJ Duke Dumont will headline the event, with food by the uberhip Meat Liquor restaurant, live performances from burlesque artiste Miss Polly Rae and the Shanty Theatre Company, a light installation by Flat-E and some cutting-edge art commissioned by us here at It’s Nice That.
We’ve signed up three of our Graduates of the class of 2013 – Charlie Patterson, Julianna Futter and Matthew Hill – to turn their creative talents to customising some Cutty Sark crates which will be on show on the evening.
Cutty Cargo takes place on September 12 and free tickets are available via the website. After London, the showcase will head off around the world.
This article was produced in collaboration with Cutty Sark.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations