At its best, creative culture feeds itself with different disciplines influencing and inspiring each other to create urban hotspots greater than the sum of their parts. That’s precisely what Cutty Sark is celebrating at their inaugural Cutty Cargo event taking place next month, and the whisky brand is kicking off its global campaign right here in London with an evening of music, food, performance and art and design.
Jessie Ware and DJ Duke Dumont will headline the event, with food by the uberhip Meat Liquor restaurant, live performances from burlesque artiste Miss Polly Rae and the Shanty Theatre Company, a light installation by Flat-E and some cutting-edge art commissioned by us here at It’s Nice That.
We’ve signed up three of our Graduates of the class of 2013 – Charlie Patterson, Julianna Futter and Matthew Hill – to turn their creative talents to customising some Cutty Sark crates which will be on show on the evening.
Cutty Cargo takes place on September 12 and free tickets are available via the website. After London, the showcase will head off around the world.
This article was produced in collaboration with Cutty Sark.
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Makings of a Man: It’s Nice That and Harry’s invite you to be a life model for a day
- A higgledy-piggledy, funny yet tragic tale: The Romance of the Skeleton
- Tiago Galo’s refreshing, travel-themed illustrations remind us of sunnier times
- Artist Morgan Blair on her “pathological need to make you laugh”
- Lennarts & de Bruijn’s “hot as hell” campaign for Utrecht club, Ekko
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books