At its best, creative culture feeds itself with different disciplines influencing and inspiring each other to create urban hotspots greater than the sum of their parts. That’s precisely what Cutty Sark is celebrating at their inaugural Cutty Cargo event taking place next month, and the whisky brand is kicking off its global campaign right here in London with an evening of music, food, performance and art and design.
Jessie Ware and DJ Duke Dumont will headline the event, with food by the uberhip Meat Liquor restaurant, live performances from burlesque artiste Miss Polly Rae and the Shanty Theatre Company, a light installation by Flat-E and some cutting-edge art commissioned by us here at It’s Nice That.
We’ve signed up three of our Graduates of the class of 2013 – Charlie Patterson, Julianna Futter and Matthew Hill – to turn their creative talents to customising some Cutty Sark crates which will be on show on the evening.
Cutty Cargo takes place on September 12 and free tickets are available via the website. After London, the showcase will head off around the world.
This article was produced in collaboration with Cutty Sark.
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages