At its best, creative culture feeds itself with different disciplines influencing and inspiring each other to create urban hotspots greater than the sum of their parts. That’s precisely what Cutty Sark is celebrating at their inaugural Cutty Cargo event taking place next month, and the whisky brand is kicking off its global campaign right here in London with an evening of music, food, performance and art and design.
Jessie Ware and DJ Duke Dumont will headline the event, with food by the uberhip Meat Liquor restaurant, live performances from burlesque artiste Miss Polly Rae and the Shanty Theatre Company, a light installation by Flat-E and some cutting-edge art commissioned by us here at It’s Nice That.
We’ve signed up three of our Graduates of the class of 2013 – Charlie Patterson, Julianna Futter and Matthew Hill – to turn their creative talents to customising some Cutty Sark crates which will be on show on the evening.
Cutty Cargo takes place on September 12 and free tickets are available via the website. After London, the showcase will head off around the world.
This article was produced in collaboration with Cutty Sark.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs