As a successful artist, it’s almost your duty to take younger, fresher creative minds under your wing and lead them in the right direction to artistic stardom. Such is the nature of this new exhibition in London’s Hoxton Gallery, which looks to pair some of the country’s brightest fine art talents with some of its most legendary.
UP&COMING is a four day event which aims to showcase brand new artistic talent, the work of which will be judged by artists such as Jake & Dinos Chapman, Polly Morgan, Tim Noble and Sue Webster and others. The work will be on display at the gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014 and will feature Kids of Dada’s Signed by the Artist collection: a limited edition, fine art-inspired fashion collection that “combines contemporary artworks and innovative design to produce unique and individual fashion pieces.” read more about the event over on the Facebook page.
UP&COMING is at Hoxton Gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014.
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Production Type and Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round