As a successful artist, it’s almost your duty to take younger, fresher creative minds under your wing and lead them in the right direction to artistic stardom. Such is the nature of this new exhibition in London’s Hoxton Gallery, which looks to pair some of the country’s brightest fine art talents with some of its most legendary.
UP&COMING is a four day event which aims to showcase brand new artistic talent, the work of which will be judged by artists such as Jake & Dinos Chapman, Polly Morgan, Tim Noble and Sue Webster and others. The work will be on display at the gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014 and will feature Kids of Dada’s Signed by the Artist collection: a limited edition, fine art-inspired fashion collection that “combines contemporary artworks and innovative design to produce unique and individual fashion pieces.” read more about the event over on the Facebook page.
UP&COMING is at Hoxton Gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection