As a successful artist, it’s almost your duty to take younger, fresher creative minds under your wing and lead them in the right direction to artistic stardom. Such is the nature of this new exhibition in London’s Hoxton Gallery, which looks to pair some of the country’s brightest fine art talents with some of its most legendary.
UP&COMING is a four day event which aims to showcase brand new artistic talent, the work of which will be judged by artists such as Jake & Dinos Chapman, Polly Morgan, Tim Noble and Sue Webster and others. The work will be on display at the gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014 and will feature Kids of Dada’s Signed by the Artist collection: a limited edition, fine art-inspired fashion collection that “combines contemporary artworks and innovative design to produce unique and individual fashion pieces.” read more about the event over on the Facebook page.
UP&COMING is at Hoxton Gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014.
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris