It is fair to say we are a little in love with Andy Rementer and his playful, colourful illustrations. Hailing from the USA, Andy has a very impressive portfolio including work for The New York Times, MTV and Warner Brothers. Not only has he done solo and group shows all over the world, he was also recently made a Young Gun by the Art Directors Club.
It’s hard to condense Andy’s work into a few sentences because there’s so much of it that thrills us. Last month we wrote about his crazy illustrations for this year’s ELCAF including a host of sad plant-pots and popping-out eyes. Andy also teamed up with Honet earlier in the year to make a whimsical animation based around Lacoste’s alligator logo and I Wish I Knew was a series of paintings surrounding the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.
Andy is hopping across the pond to talk at Here 2013 this June offering a unique opportunity to see him speak and see why we at It’s Nice That are such big fans of the guy. We can’t frankly wait to get an insight into the mind of Andy and his hilarious creations.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
We hope to see you there! Register now to avoid disappointment as there are only a limited number of tickets left.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages