It is fair to say we are a little in love with Andy Rementer and his playful, colourful illustrations. Hailing from the USA, Andy has a very impressive portfolio including work for The New York Times, MTV and Warner Brothers. Not only has he done solo and group shows all over the world, he was also recently made a Young Gun by the Art Directors Club.
It’s hard to condense Andy’s work into a few sentences because there’s so much of it that thrills us. Last month we wrote about his crazy illustrations for this year’s ELCAF including a host of sad plant-pots and popping-out eyes. Andy also teamed up with Honet earlier in the year to make a whimsical animation based around Lacoste’s alligator logo and I Wish I Knew was a series of paintings surrounding the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.
Andy is hopping across the pond to talk at Here 2013 this June offering a unique opportunity to see him speak and see why we at It’s Nice That are such big fans of the guy. We can’t frankly wait to get an insight into the mind of Andy and his hilarious creations.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
We hope to see you there! Register now to avoid disappointment as there are only a limited number of tickets left.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
- Meet the speakers: Hollie Fernando, Andrew Rae, Raine Allen-Miller and Random International
- Political illustrator Ellie Foreman-Peck on her unfortunately abundant Trump back catalogue
- Deep Throat Studio, a graphic design practice with a name and portfolio to grab your attention
- Photographer David Gomez Maestre captures the romance of sun-blushed landscapes
- ECAL grad Jean-Vincent Simonet’s “totally twisted” image-making
- Benedict Brink is shaking up fashion photography
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU