It is fair to say we are a little in love with Andy Rementer and his playful, colourful illustrations. Hailing from the USA, Andy has a very impressive portfolio including work for The New York Times, MTV and Warner Brothers. Not only has he done solo and group shows all over the world, he was also recently made a Young Gun by the Art Directors Club.
It’s hard to condense Andy’s work into a few sentences because there’s so much of it that thrills us. Last month we wrote about his crazy illustrations for this year’s ELCAF including a host of sad plant-pots and popping-out eyes. Andy also teamed up with Honet earlier in the year to make a whimsical animation based around Lacoste’s alligator logo and I Wish I Knew was a series of paintings surrounding the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.
Andy is hopping across the pond to talk at Here 2013 this June offering a unique opportunity to see him speak and see why we at It’s Nice That are such big fans of the guy. We can’t frankly wait to get an insight into the mind of Andy and his hilarious creations.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
We hope to see you there! Register now to avoid disappointment as there are only a limited number of tickets left.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email email@example.com from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood