Browsing through the portfolio of intercontinental design consultancy Left Loft is something of a daunting experience. Not only have they worked with more clients than you can feasibly imagine, they’ve also produced a vast body of work (and I really do mean vast) in 2012 alone.
We were first alerted to their immaculate work for the quinquennial dOCUMENTA back in May, and then later to their equally striking collaboration with Fabio Novembre for the Milan Design Triennial. But then we found out that they were responsible for the corporate identity for everybody’s favourite sketchbook Moleskine and got unreasonably excited, so here we are featuring their work for a third time this year.
All excitement aside, it’s the commitment to professionalism that makes Left Loft’s body of work so impressive; applying a carefully considered approach to each new project and clearly placing the needs of the client ahead of any kind of aesthetic concern of their own. What emerges from this is a stylistically varied but consistently brilliant portfolio that, in their own words, is able to “achieve [their] goals by going from ideas to facts, without rhetoric and adjectives.”
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant