Back in October we told you all about a super exciting competition held by Nissan, offering budding photographers the chance to go to Tokyo to check out their 2013 Motor Show, with an extra prize exclusive to It’s Nice That readers for a trip for two to Berlin.
We’re very excited to announce that the winner of the trip to Berlin has now been chosen! The competition asked entrants to send over an image on the theme of “Urban Life”, and the winning shot, taken by Albert Elm, is cheeky and gritty without giving in to a cliché’d urban skyline. Albert’s keen eye scouted out a burst of vibrant colour in what can be a monotonous landscape, asking more questions than it provides answers in a way that only the most interesting photographs do. Wooooo! Well done Albert! Send us a postcard, will ya?
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio