Back in October we told you all about a super exciting competition held by Nissan, offering budding photographers the chance to go to Tokyo to check out their 2013 Motor Show, with an extra prize exclusive to It’s Nice That readers for a trip for two to Berlin.
We’re very excited to announce that the winner of the trip to Berlin has now been chosen! The competition asked entrants to send over an image on the theme of “Urban Life”, and the winning shot, taken by Albert Elm, is cheeky and gritty without giving in to a cliché’d urban skyline. Albert’s keen eye scouted out a burst of vibrant colour in what can be a monotonous landscape, asking more questions than it provides answers in a way that only the most interesting photographs do. Wooooo! Well done Albert! Send us a postcard, will ya?
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity